Alliance Homeowners: We specialize in Fire Damage Cleanup & Restoration
You wake up in the middle of the night to a smell of smoke, would you know what to do? Your ability to get yourself and your family out depends on the advance warning of your fire alarm and planning your fire escape plan of action.
Once a fire has begun it can spread rapidly throughout your home in a matter of minutes. Practice a walk-through of your home and inspect all possible exits and escape routes. Households with children should consider drawing a floor plan of your home, finding two ways out of each room, including windows and doors. Practicing fire safety is one of the best methods that individuals can use to keep themselves and their household protected against a disaster. Fires can start by many reasons, but knowing a few prevention tips can reduce them from happening.
Here are some home fire escape tips:
- Install smoke detector on each level of your home and inside of each bedroom.
- Check your smoke detector monthly to make sure it’s working properly. Change the batteries at least once a year.
- Plan to assist family members who are an able to escape on their own.
- Practice both your primary and alternative escape routes.
- Check to make sure all windows open easily.
- Yell or pound on walls to notify other family members of the fire.
- Never waste time getting dressed or gathering valuables.
- Always test doors for heat before opening.
- Crawl on the floor stoop low to avoid smoke.
- Exit quickly and calmly. Get out and stay out.
- Go to the designated meeting place outside.
- Make sure everyone is out of the house.
- Call for help from a neighbor’s home.
If you have a fire what would you lose; your possessions, your home, your memories? You could save a life by being prepared with working smoke alarms a having a practice plan in place.
After a fire, who would you call to come and clean up and restore your home? SERVPRO of South & East Stark County have the crews that are IICRC certified in fire clean up and restoration. Call us today at 330-823-4088. Our professional crews are available 24 hours a day – 7 days a week, even on holidays! Your property and belongings will be restored with care! Visit our website at: https://www.SERVPROsoutheaststarkcounty.com/fire-smoke-damage-restoration