Tips to Grill Safely to Prevent a Fire to your Louisville Home.
Tips to grill safely this summer to prevent a fire to your home.
1. Grills should only be used outdoors, placing them 10 feet away from the house, deck railings and low hanging branches.
2. Keep children and pets away from the grill.
3. Clean your grill prior to each use.
4. Use long handled grilling tools.
5. When using a charcoal grill, use fire starter logs or lighter fluid to start the coals.
6. Never use gasoline on any grill.
7. When using a gas grill test your propane hose for leaks by soaking it in soap and water. No bubbles mean no gas leak.
8. Always start the gas grill with the lid open.
9. Always turn the propane tank off when the grill is not being used.
10. Keep a water bottle or fire extinguisher nearby in case of any flare ups or fires.
If you experience a grill fire and it catches your home on fire, call the team at SERVPRO of South & East Stark County to help you clean up and restore your home at 330-823-4088.