Understanding Mold in Canton, Ohio
Mold can be seen by the naked eye, but it also can hide behind and underneath places in your home. When water intrudes into your Canton, Ohio property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce toxins harmful to humans and pets.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
What is the SERVPRO Mold Remediation Process?
SERVPRO technicians follow the guidelines of the EPA and IICRC when it comes to mold remediation protocols. Some of the steps that our technicians take during mold removal include-
- Setting up a containment zone- It is crucial to establish a containment zone to limit the spread of mold spores.
- Cleaning and Biocide treatment- The next step that SERVPRO techs take is to clean the structure and contents with a HEPA vacuum to eliminate any mold and their spores. The biocides are then applied to eliminate the remaining mold and prevent their regrowth.
- Fixing the root cause- In most cases, the root cause of the mold is water damage. SERVPRO experts help you to identify and fix the water issues arising from burst pipes or leaking roofs.
Call SERVPRO of South & East Stark County at 330-823-4088 for professional mold removal in Canton, Ohio.