Mold Damage in Commercial Property in Canton, Ohio
For many property owners in Canton, OH, mold prevention is important for a safe and healthy work environment While mold spores exist in all environments, they can become problematic if they can breed on cellular rich surfaces. These surfaces may include wall-paper, drywall, or natural woods. Over time, a mold infestation can result in the rotting away of the structure without professional restoration services. Dampness is the main factor in uncontrolled mold damage in your business, and remediation procedure may require thorough drying of wall cavities to be completed effectively.
Below are a few tips to prevent mold growth in your company before it starts growing and in the long run it will save you money and time.
- If your property experiences a water damage, prompt mitigation in the first 24-48 hours will prevent mold growth.
- Keep the humidity level in your building between 30% to 60%.
- Provide for proper drainage away from building foundations.
- Regularly inspect plumbing and appliances for leaks.
- Keep gutters and drains clear of debris.
- Inspect the roof, windows come in any other areas where water might occur in the building and perform necessary maintenance.
- Respond to all water intrusions immediately.
A property that is professionally cleaned, dried, and disinfected is unlikely to experience persistent mold issues. By combining both containment and decontamination procedures, SERVPRO mold remediation technicians can bring microbial growth back under control. We may recommend you install vapor barriers beneath your crawlspace or have your plumbing and insulation checked to reduce the likelihood of returning mold and address the underlying causes. When water or mold damage take control of your life, we can take it back. Contact SERVPRO of South East Stark County for assistance after a water damage or if you discover mold at 330-823-4088.